Harris Bank bought five former AMCORE branches from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. at the end of December for $4.13 million.
These branches, 1275 Benington Road, 920 Fourth Ave. and 2705 N. Mulford in Rockford and the old AMCORE locations in Machesney Park and South Beloit, were owned by AMCORE and ownership transferred to the FDIC last April when the bank was shut down by banking regulators.
AMCORE was leasing eight of its nine other branches and those deals remained in place when Harris took over the bank. The FDIC owns and is selling five more former AMCORE properties, including the former headquarters at 501 Seventh St. and the buildings the bank used for its various back-office functions.
The five FDIC-owned former AMCORE properties are being listed through a sealed bid auction by CB Richard Ellis, the California-based commercial real estate services company, which is selling dozens of FDIC-owned branches across the country.