Click HERE for an explanation of how the Tea Party movement gets each of these items wrong:
1. Congress enjoys a Constitutional authority to provide social services.
2. SCOTUS has upheld broad federal powers under the Constitution.
3. Far from outlawing gay marriage, Constitutional Amendments actually protect it.
4. The 14th Amendment forbids severe immigration laws that racially profile Latinos and Muslims.
5. The 16th Amendment gives Congress the authority to collect income taxes from any source.
6. Republican-backed voting restrictions circumvent the 24th Amendment.
7. The Constitution does not grant any authority to ban abortion.
8. The Constitution allows the federal government “to regulate commerce…among the several states,” which is the Constitutional key that may allow health reform to persevere.