Poll after poll after poll shows majority opposition to defunding Obamacare
HERE‘s the deal in a nutshell:
– A Quinnipiac poll shows that 58% oppose Congress cutting off funding for the health care law to stop its implementation.
– Kaiser’s tracking poll has consistently found strong opposition to scrapping the health care law. In late September, 56% disapproved of cutting off funding to the ACA.
– CBS / NY Times pollsters found 56% of voters want Congress to uphold the law and make it work as well as possible, compared to just 38% who want to stop it by defunding it.
– According to NBC/WSJ, only 39% support eliminating federal funding for the law while 50% oppose.
– In Gallup’s recent polling, just 29% want the law repealed, while 64% want it kept as it is, or kept with some changes.
– Even Tea Party supporters knew the Republican strategy was doomed, with a Fox News poll showing that 54% believed that the ACA would remain the law in spite of attempts to defund it.