Local business leaders will help a Florida company find the next boss at Chicago Rockford International Airport.
Local search committee members are:
- Andreas Schell, Hamilton Sundstrand
- Bill Gorski of SwedishAmerican Health System
- Lori Burke, Savant Capital Management
- Sunil Puri, First Rockford Group
- John Holmstrom III, William Charles
- Ken DuFour, Aviation Management Consulting, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University trustee
- Jim Ryan, administrator, City of Rockford
Airport Board Chairman Bharat Puri said people chosen for the local search committee have a “deep investment in the community and know the needs of the airport.”
ADK President Doug Kuelpman, whose firm specializes in hiring management for airports, said he encourages community involvement in searches for an airport’s top job.
“The airport doesn’t just belong to the board,” he said. “It belongs to the community. This is a good way to get some of those folks involved in the process.”
The airport’s executive director is responsible for managing the operation, maintenance and development of the airport and its 40 employees. The position opened last spring when Bob O’Brien parted ways with the board after nine years.