YWCA (across from Rockford College)
Be There. Bring a Guest.
Topic: Poverty in our community
George Davis, City of Rockford Director of Human Services
Mike Bacon, Director of the Winnebago County Health Department
Agenda: Guest panel will discuss the following:
1. Latest poverty survey on our community.
2. What impact does the stress of poverty have on child brain development and what challenges does this present in relation to social/emotional development and the school system?
3. What are some environmental and community concerns related to those in poverty?
4. What is the role of economic development in addressing poverty?
5. What are some complications of addressing poverty in our community?
Special thanks to Kris Kieper for putting together this program.
Questions? Give me a call (815) 979-9121.
Facilitator, Next Rockford