Circulating on the internet – Only in America
Circulating recently on the internet are the political hypocrisies that are happening in America – sort of a tongue in check exercise, but worth everyone’s consideration as to why America isn’t even greater than it could be.
1) Only in America could politicians talk about the greed of the rich
at a $35,000 a plate campaign fund raising event.
2) Only in America could people claim that the government still
discriminates against black Americans when we have a black President,
a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is
black. 12% of the population is black.
3) Only in America could we have had the two people most responsible
for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury
Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means
Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher
4) Only in America can we have terrorists kill people in the name of
Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims
might be harmed by the backlash.
5) Only in America would we make people who want to legally become
American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens
of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting
anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just become American
6) Only in America could the people who believe in balancing the
budget and sticking by the country’s Constitution be thought of as
7) Only in America could you need to present a driver’s license to
cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
8) Only in America could people demand the government investigate
whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas
went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company
(Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes
9) Only in America could the government collect more tax dollars from
the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a trillion
dollars more than it has per year for total spending of $7 million PER
MINUTE, and complain that it doesn’t have nearly enough money.
10) Only in America could the rich people who pay 86% of all income
taxes be accused of not paying their “fair share” by people who don’t
pay any income taxes at all.
Now you know why America is losing its position in the world!